GP

GP

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sharing Your Talent


Many years ago I was involved in a trip to Mexico with a local church. Dozens of people went on the week long trip from all walks of life. You name the profession and they were most likely represented; doctors, dentists, musicians, landscapers, firefighters. That was the purpose of the trip: whatever you did for a living here in the states, you now were going to go to a very remote, very underprivileged area of Mexico and provide your services for a week, free of charge. Dentists fixed teeth, contractors built and repaired homes and firefighters trained the bomberos.

It was a life changing experience for me. It caused me to reevaluate how I did things at home. I learned to give more freely of my time, talent and treasure daily. I realized that I did not need to go to Mexico in order to give, I could do it right here.

What special talents do you have? What unique circumstances do you posses? Are you able to change the oil in a neighbors car? Are you able to watch a young couples children while they go out for a night? We have horses at our home and we like to allow the neighborhood children the opportunity to come over and ride. Something they would otherwise be unable to do. Whatever special circumstance or talent you posses, consider giving it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment